Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pigging out at Vikings

Vikings Luxury-Buffet Restaurant is an all-you-can-eat buffet located in San Miguel by the Bay, Seaside in Pasay. Or, to make it easier: it's right across Mall of Asia, on the bay side. It features many kinds of cuisine, including American, Chinese, European, Filipino and Japanese. It's fairly difficult to get a table right away, so make sure to make to get there early or to make a reservation a day earlier. For their contact information, here's is their MunchPunch page.

In front of Vikings
It's similar to the more expensive buffets (such as Spirals and Circles) you can find in five-start hotels. The selection of food is excellent, but it's much more affordable. We ate there for dinner on a weekday, so it cost us P888 per head. 

Just a little more and we're walking in...
Also, don't forget to PACE yourself! I cannot emphasize this enough. Get a little of as much as you want! As per usual, my companion decided to get as much of as little. He saw some crispy crablets and came back to the table with a plate full of them. Haha! C'mon, if you're going to eat in a place with a massive selection, try to taste as much dishes as possible! ;)

Crablets

Tempura
There was a grilling section, where I tried the lamb. It was good. :)

Grilling Section
Some grilled stuff
But of course, my favorite section was the sushi section... so much to choose from! This is always the first place I attack. Do you see the roll of salmon in the next picture? I don't know what it's called, but it was my favorite. 

Sushi
Check out all this sushi...

Sushi Section
And all this chawan mushi. My favorite, though I didn't get to try it anymore because I knew I wouldn't be able to finish it. Hehe.

Chawan Mushi
There's also a Chinese section with so much dimsum that you can fathom. The next shot is a plate of dimsum which Marcus decided to horde. See what I mean when I say he sucks at pacing?

Dimsum
Some pictures of the buffet...

Mmmm...
Loved this!
More pictures.
Yum yum...
Some starters?
We munched on these while waiting for our grilled meat :P
Then, to the dessert... I was disappointed to see they didn't have creme brulee, which is my favorite in luxury buffets. Hehe. 

Dessert table!
But... the cheesecake was good. I am not kidding, it's a sure hit. ;) It was so creamy and had the right amount of sweetness. If I wasn't so full I would have gotten so much more.

Delicious cheesecake
More pictures...

Just get 'em
Chocolate fountain!
I only wanted the leche flan from the Halo halo station. ;p

Halo-halo

Verdict
So much food! Seriously, if you don't like one thing, you have tons of other dishes to choose from. It's practically impossible to find something you won't like. The only downfall and disadvantage from hotel buffets is that there are so many people. And aside from fellow customers, there's also the staff (waiting and seeing which dish to fill up next). It's manageable, though. P888 per head was a good price.

Taste - 4/5
Ambiance - 4/5
Service - 4/5
Price - 5/5
Overall Value - 4/5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

13 comments:

  1. Now I feel bad because MOA's quite far from my place.huhuhuhu. :(

    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay lang yan! Take a trip! ;) Madami pa naman ibang sights dun para sulit talaga ;p

      Delete
  2. this spread looks fantastic! have you tried the new one similar to vikings that opened in that area too?

    http://thebeeinthekitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would that be Buffet 101? No, haven't tried it, but really want to! :) Have you?

      Delete
  3. I prefer Vikings over Buffet 101 although the bf prefers the latter.. >.< Anyway, balik 888 na pala ang rate ng Vikings? The last time we ate there on a weekend dinner, it was 1,088 na.. >.<

    Anyway, sharing my post on Vikings: http://www.thepurpledoll.net/2011/10/vikings-luxury-buffet-quantity-over.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sorry, I meant to say we ate there on a weekday. o: Thank you for pointing that out :P

      Delete
  4. I went to this place just recently and well, it was okay. I wasn't too impressed but it was good value for money. I think I was kind of hoping that they had more selections. I hope to try Buffet 101 soon though. XD

    www.foodiefromthemetro.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, more selections pa? :P I haven't tried Buffet 101, but I want to as well! Hope you can blog about it soon so I know what to expect, hahah!

      Delete
  5. i think i'll go to the grilling station, dimsum and desserts :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ako naman yung favorite ko talaga is yung dimsum, sushi and desserts! Haha!

      Delete
    2. tried it last week. loved their hakaw and taro bun! also the grilled tuna, hot pot and of course, desserts!

      Delete
  6. I've always love to try buffet restaurants however I worry about my small appetite! I've heard very nice reviews from Vikings and this was my long delayed target for food trip! Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. na try ko both ang buffet 101 and vikings...sa food parang parehas lang naman..,sa ambiance panalo ang buffet 101 at malaki ang space nila hindi dikit ang mga upuan at mga lamesa at mas bago at malinis ang RestRoom nila..siguro dahil sa bago sila..sa Vikings naman masarap din ang food at talagang maraming tao palagi at hirap ng reservations,pero sana marenovate na nila yung place mas maluwag sana sa mga tables at upuan para maluwag pagkilos ng lahat customer at mga empleyees nila,at sana naman may mga sign yung mga food nila kung saan pa meron kasi kalat kalay ang food dulo sa dulo,not like sa buffet 101 kita mo na kung saan ang mga food na iikutan mo,at yun nga lang wala silang fruit shakes isa lang ata yung pineapple shake like sa buffet 101..anyway nasa atin na mga followers customer..which is one is best for us...this is my opinion only...

    ReplyDelete