Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Kenji Tei Ramen House at GB5

Kenji Tei Ramen House, found in Greenbelt 5 and B.F. Homes, specializes in Ramen (...just as the name should imply). If I'm correct, they started off in B.F. Homes. My companion was the one who chose this place when we went to Greenbelt 5, and I think it was a good choice.

Kenji Tei, GB5
 Truth be told, while I love Japanese cuisine, ramen doesn't top my list when it comes to "food I would order in an instant". That's probably why this place wasn't familiar to me, because even if it had been mentioned to me several times before, it probably wouldn't have piqued my interest. But upon experiencing the restaurant for the first time, I can say that I was pleasantly surprised.

Woo, chili powder.
I don't know a thing about ramen, I don't know what's good or what I would like. If you're like me, better ask your waiter for what he would recommend for you. 

We ordered the Gumoku Shio Ramen, which was pretty good... and extremely filling. Even though we split up one order between us, busog na busog ako.

Gumoku Shio Ramen
 We also ordered Tempura. It was crispy and tasty, but honestly nothing out of this world. 

Tempura
 Then we ordered some Gyouza as well, and this I loved! It was very tasty. Actually, I think I liked it more than the ramen.
Gyouza
Pretty interior. :)

Verdict 
Service was fast, place was clean and I loved the modern layout, and the food was good. I'd recommend it. I think I need to take more trips to further learn about ramen, and which one would suit me best... hehe!

Taste - 4/5
Ambiance - 4/5
Service - 4/5
Price - 4/5
Overall Value - 4/5


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

14 comments:

  1. I love Japanese cuisine but like you, ramen doesn't top my fave Japanese food items. Not even second or third actually. But whenever we eat in a ramen house, I order shoyu (soy) and miso-based noodles. The one you ordered, shio, is just salt-infused. Maybe you should try shoyu next time 'cause it's really more flavorful.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sumi! I actually wanted Shoyu, but my companion was paying for the bill so I couldn't get my way. Haha! I do think it would be more flavorful since it's soy based. :) Thank you for the suggestion, I'll definitely keep it in mind.

      Delete
  2. How about Ramen X or Ramen Bar? Hope you find the perfect ramen, since I'm on the lookout as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, haven't tried them. :( Haha, what would be the best place for ramen for you so far?

      Delete
  3. Is this a new place? Parang I havent seen this pa :)

    www.joeiandme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they've been around in BF Homes for some time now. Not really sure. But the one in GB5 is fairly new :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like an interesting place for ramen, though I personally am biased towards the Sapporo ramen with butter and corn from Shinjuku. Definitely trying this, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does that sound good. Thank you for sharing, I'll remember that!

      Delete
  5. I love Japanese but haven't found an interest in Ramen yet. Maybe I will soon. :)

    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. the gyoza looks really plump and meaty!! indeed mouthwatering! :) Hope i could visit this place soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I on the other hand, love Ramen :) Most of the time when I do order one, I split it up with someone because it's just too big. But sometimes, when I know that I can handle it, I take it in whole. HAHA! Nonetheless, I think I haven't seen this place pa, maybe I've passed by it numerous times but to which I failed to notice. WILL DEFINITELY TRY THEM OUT! XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mary,

    We would like to invite you to the launching of McCormick’s new Facebook app in the event “Discover Flavors”. Join us on May 10, 2012 as we explore zesty surprises behind McCormick's herbs and spices. We’ll be waiting for you at Fully Booked TopShelf, B6 Bonifacio High Street, 11th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig at 3:00pm.

    Don’t forget to RSVP to JC Pullan on or before May 9, 2012. You can reach him at the following contact details

    E-mail: jc@dualactionblender.com
    Mobile: 09166426832
    Telephone: 7503416

    See you there!


    Cheers,

    Princess Tan
    for Dual Action Blender

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is the price range in this place?:D

    ReplyDelete