Monday, March 5, 2012

Soi: Eat Thai, Love Thai

A few months back, I was intent on going to as much Thai restaurants that I could find. One of the restaurants I tried out was Soi: Eat Thai, Love Thai (found in Mall of Asia). It's a small Thai restaurant. I did some searching on the net and found out there's also a branch in Robinson's Place, Ermita. Other than that, there wasn't much information I could find on the net.

Soi
Interior
Before anything else, we were given appetizers -- some salted crackers and peanuts. The peanuts were... well, peanuts. The crackers were tasty though. I liked how salty it was, it sort of 'woke up' my taste buds.

Soi
Appetizer
One thing on their menu which caught my attention was the Tom Yum Fried Rice. Even before entering, I knew I wanted some Tom Yum soup, but then I saw their fried rice variation of it. Of course, being curious, I decided to order that instead. I liked it! It was a new experience. The leaves were a massive mood killer, though. The leaves, usually found in the soup as well, were really difficult to chew! 

Soi
Tom Yum Fried Rice
My companion, the number one curry fan, wanted the green curry. Sad to say, he didn't like it. He wasn't satisfied with the serving size, and the sauce was quite bland.

Soi
Green Curry
Verdict
Unfortunately, Soi failed to impress. It was also quite expensive. We only ordered a plate of rice and one viand, but our bill reached 606 pesos. Lower prices would probably have made up for the food. If you ever do go here though, I'd recommend the Tom Yum Fried Rice! 

Taste - 2/5
Ambiance - 3/5
Service - 3/5
Price - 1/5
Overall Value - 2/5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

14 comments:

  1. awww sad to hear!! i miss eating Thai food :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this in Mall of Asia the last time I was there.. >.< Too bad it wasn't sulit. I haven't tried Thai cuisine yet but I'm planning to give it a go really soon. I guess I won't have it in Soi though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, you haven't tried it even once? D: Try mo Som's!

      Delete
  3. tried Soi in Robinsons Ermita and we weren't impressed either :(
    Soi-Eat Thai.Love Thai.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had that much Thai food doses lately. Still, that's sad to hear, but all and the same, I'm thankful for the straight-forward review :)

    www.foodiefromthemetro.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually wondering if I should say what I did in the fear of giving them a bad name XD;

      Delete
  5. i like thai dara in granada :) try it

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's nice to eat at Soi, MOA ... been there last thursday. and i'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We ate yesterday at soi moa...we ordered crabmeat fried rice,tom yum gung soup,and papaya salad fried rice was good it was. 100% same taste in bangkok (we were in bkk last aug2-9,2012 been to thailand many times) the som tam papaya salad was also great! 101% same what u get in thailand,tom
    Yum was ok
    The only missing in its taste was the coconut milk.but
    We enjoyed our food ! Great resto

    ReplyDelete