Sunday, October 20, 2013

Late Night Snack at Larcy's Cupcakery Cafe


Cupcakes are one of the latest crazes in the country right now, and it's a craze that I have never really gotten along with. I'm not really a fan of sweet things and as such I'm very picky when it comes to desserts. With that in mind, I found myself pleasantly surprised with Larcy's Cupcakery Cafe. Located at 178 Aguirre Street, BF Homes, Paranaque City, it's an increasingly familiar name for the sweet tooths out there.


While there has been a growing number of cupcake stores opening up in the metro, it's unusual to find one of this size. It's a two-story building with a balcony and function rooms on the second floor, with its interiors making use of pastel colors (the usual 'girly' stuff)! We found ourselves arriving at a little past ten on a Saturday and it was still booming with a fair enough of customers. While it can accommodate a good number of people, it's still spacious and a nice place to just hang out in and talk. As an FYI, it's open 11 AM to 11 PM (Sun-Thu), 11 AM to 12 Midnight (Fri-Sat).


There are all kinds of desserts to choose from. There are several types of cupcakes: cheesecakes, pink velvet, brownie, etc. And since it's October, aside from the place being decorated for Halloween, they also had some Halloween-themed cupcakes. And then there was that one type of cupcake I couldn't resist ordering -- Vanilla Cookie Butter!


We ended up ordering one cupcake for each of us. I ordered the Vanilla Cookie Butter Cupcake which costs P85. The cookie butter flavored frosting was not overly sweet which I always prefer, and it's topped with bits of Speculoos Cookies (which makes sense because they use the popular Speculoos Cookie Butter). The cupcake itself was soft and moist, and after a couple of bites...


I found out that there was cookie butter inside! Yay! I honestly thought only the frosting had the cookie butter. I don't even know if this is the norm for cookie butter cupcakes, because like I mentioned, cupcakes aren't really my thing. Anyway, since I've been obsessed with cookie butter these past few months, I really liked it.


The boyfriend ordered a Cookies and Cream Cupcake for P80. The cheesecake was soft and not too sweet either. It was topped with oreo bits and its base was oreo too. It was pretty good as well. I like cheesecakes a lot too and it's nice to order one in this manageable size.


We picked this corner for our short snack. Really comfy and perfect for dates.

Verdict
Cupcakes range from about P70-90 pesos each. A tad pricey but each one satisfies your sweet cravings. Staff was accommodating and the place itself is a nice hang-out/date spot.

Taste - 5/5
Ambiance - 5/5
Service - 4/5
Price - 3/5
Overall Rating - 4/5 Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment