Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Another Fave of Mine: King One Rotary Hot Pot

King One Rotary Hot Pot is an eat-all-you-can shabu-shabu restaurant located in Hobbies of Asia, Macapagal Blvd, Pasay. It's a few minutes away from Mall of Asia. It's one of my guilty pleasures, because seriously, who can't help but pig out at a place like this? When you sit down, they'll hand you some sheets of paper with what they offer. For the hot pot's broth, you have several options. These are some of the ones we've tasted: Curry, Szechuan, and Satay. As a note, the eat-all-you-can price for lunch is P479, and for dinner it's P529.

King One
The Hot Pot!
They have a conveyor belt with dishes of what you can put in the hot pot, but they also provide you with a sheet of paper with everything they offer. Simply jot down what you want and how much servings you want, wait a minute or two (yeah, it's that fast), and you're good to go! 

King One
Meat
They really do have a lot to offer, and it can be really tempting to order as much as you can. Also, it is so much fun to watch the meat cook, since it only takes a few seconds. Hehe. I'm childish that way.

King One
Scallops
With that in mind, remember to pace yourself... Marcus has a habit of ordering so much, like, two servings of one kind of meat. We never really get along in eat-all-you-cans because he likes to get so much of things he liked, while I like to taste a little of as much as I can!

King One
Meat
By the way, they also serve you two cooked dishes of your choice (provided on yet another sheet of paper). If I'm not mistaken, what they offer differs according to the day you dine there.

King One
Free Viands
King One
More Uncooked Food
What I really, really enjoy is the sauce. I love mixing it up and making it as spicy as I can! It sometimes irks people how much garlic I put in, but I can't help it... I love garlic. By the way, be careful on how much satay sauce you put in. You don't want it coming out too salty. :)

King One
Sauce Making!

King One
Interior
Verdict
Eating here is a good deal because you can really pig out (especially if you opt not to get rice). I think that sometimes the food tastes the same, probably because of the broth itself, but it never really bothered me. One of my negative quirks about is it that they could have better hygiene, because while it doesn't really bother too much people, I've seen a fair share of those bugs I just hate so much. 

Taste - 4/5
Ambiance - 2/5
Service - 3/5
Price - 5/5
Overall Value - 4/5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

14 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot about King One Rotary. But I was concerned about the hygiene. Care to expound? :)

    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, well, more than once na ko naka-encounter ng mga tiny ipis na gumagapang sa tabi tabi ko... :P pero maarte ako pagdating sa ganun, so I can't vouch for others :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not a big fan of shabu-shabu since it's broth-based. I like my food sautéed, grilled or fried more often than not.. XD Btw, small or big, basta may roaches, concerning.. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :P I think I like shabu-shabu a lot because of the dipping sauce. Haha. And I agree, roaches are a huge turn off for me. :(

      Delete
  3. I miss Kingone! I love their shakes with jello! Do they still have it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, the bugs would bother me big time! They should do something about that, coz that's more than enough to put people off.
    But I love the idea of being given a choice of what kind of meat you want in your shabu-shabu =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree. Bugs bother me a lot. As for your last statement, I agree as well... parang dami mong freedom e. :)

      Delete
  5. We also have this hot pot restaurants over here. The spread of food you get depends on the price. The higher end ones gives more exclusive choices whereas the rest if just the basic veges and seafood.

    One of my fav and love all that you have enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I think I love hot pot restaurants with more exclusive choices. ;)

      Delete
  6. I love King One! Have been there for several times already because it's quite affordable. I don't remember seeing roaches before when I dined here, but I have to say that the ambiance sometimes gives off that 'dirty feeling' kind of thing. :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I guess I'm quite unlucky. :< It's great that while it gives off that ambiance, you still love the place though. :)

      Delete
  7. I haven't been to King One yet, but the idea of hot pots excites me..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree i've seen those cockroaches on the sides of the tables so I hope King One management takes hygiene to heart because King One serves such lovely Shabu-Shabu!

    ReplyDelete