Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Love Flaming Wings!

Flaming Wings is the sister company of Gravy Fix. They serve American dishes such as buffalo chicken, pasta, sandwiches, and excellent desserts (wicked oreos!). Actually, along with Buffalo's Wings n' Things and Wingman, this is one of my favorite places to go to for buffalo chicken. For the sauce, they have Mild n' Sweet, Wild, Smokey BBQ, and Original.

I usually order the Tenders meal. It's just like buffalo wings, minus the hassle of the bones. Heheh. What I love about Flaming Wings is that they are generous with the sauce, unlike some buffalo chicken restaurants that serve "kind of" dry buffalo chicken (and, to add to that, their sauce may be lacking in taste at times).

Flaming Wings
Tenders Meal - P125
As a warning, their wild sauce is WILD. It's milder than the spiciest sauces at Buffalo's Wings n' Things and Wingman, and I can actually handle it, but then my face gets red and my tongue burns up, and most of my friends can't handle it. Doesn't matter though... I love the experience.

Flaming Wings
Wicked Oreos - P75
Aside from that, my other guilt pleasure from Flaming Wings is the dessert. I am addicted to Wicked Oreos, and that isn't any secret. While they serve this at Gravy Fix as well, I think the Wicked Oreos at Flaming Wings is better cooked (though I don't really know why, or maybe I'm just imagining it). 

Verdict
In terms of taste, Flaming Wings is a must go to! In all honesty, the servers could do better by putting a smile on their face, and it can get quite difficult to get a table during busy hours (but that's understandable). However, the food is excellent. No exaggeration there.

Taste - 5/5
Ambiance - 3/5
Service - 3/5
Price - 3/5
Overall Value - 3/5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

13 comments:

  1. Love the dessert, the wicked oreos. Drop by to my blog for gift away and online shopping - http://www.nava-k.com/2012/02/discover-sneakpeeq-whats-in-store-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do love chicken wings =)
    Hmmm that dessert looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, and nagkataon magkasunod ung posts ko about 'em. hehe

      Delete
  3. Used to eat in their Taft branch during college! Their wings are really good! In fact we'd still go all the way to Katipunan just to have some of their wings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you from DLSU? :) I agree, sarap ng wings nila :)

      Delete
  4. The wicked oreos look delicious! :) Do they have not-too-spicy wings? :)

    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAAAAA!!!! I LOVE FLAMING WINGS!

    It's one of the places in DLSU where me and my friends would eat for lunch. (Well, that was when I was still a student.) BUT! I love their tenders and the wicked oreos! I MISS IT! D;

    This post of yours makes me miss it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sobrang WIN ng wicked oreos nila! :) Go back to Taft and dine sa Flaming Wings! :)

      Delete
  6. I love Flaming Wings too! I miss eating there and getting their Chicken Tenders + Wicked Oreos.. :D Those 2 are my staple orders back in college. I really need to visit Taft soon!!! :D

    ReplyDelete