Friday, December 2, 2011

Had Fun Mixing Sauce at Yabu: House of Katsu

Yabu: House of Katsu
Before...
Yabu: House of Katsu
...and After!
If you're an avid follower of the food blogosphere, then surely you've heard of Yabu: House of Katsu. Located on the second floor of the Mega Atrium, SM Megamall, Yabu is a newly opened restaurant (currently in the soft opening phase) which boasts a menu filled with Katsu dishes. Tonkatsu, Katsudon, Katsu Curry, you name it. What exactly drove me to go all the way to SM is the fact that mix your own Tonkatsu sauce in a unique way I haven't seen before: Grind sesame seeds, pour in Tonkatsu sauce, mix it, and voila! As you can see from the pictures though I didn't grind the seeds too much because they kept flying all over the place (though the other didn't seem to have the same problem as me).

Yabu: House of Katsu
Tonkatsu
Yabu: House of Katsu
The Full Meal
I feel dim for not noting down the prices or the different types of Tonkatsu, but you should know that you have a lot of choices. I think there were at least two variations for the pork Tonkatsu, and you have the liberty of choosing different serving sizes. I remember attempting to choose the smallest serving size when my companion convinced me to get a bigger size. Bad move... the Tonkatsu was delicious, it was juicy and really soft, but I couldn't finish it!

Yabu: House of Katsu
Katsu Curry
As a note, every dish comes with unlimited cabbage salad. It was a really simple salad, with shredded cabbage and your choice of how much dressing you want. However, it was delicious, and my friend couldn't stop asking for me (which was kinda not smart because he couldn't even finish his Katsu curry). With that said, my friend ordered the Katsu curry, which resembles the normal Tonkatsu except that it's served with a generous helping of curry sauce. Really delicious! To be honest, I loved it even more than the Tonkatsu dish I ordered, but at least I had the chance of crushing sesame seeds (hehe). 

Yabu: House of Katsu
Condiments
Eating at Yabu: House of Katsu was an enjoyable experience. I've never really given Katsu dishes much thought, typically putting them under the category of "just a type of Japanese dish"... who knew you could open a restaurant dedicated entirely to just Katsu? Pretty cool!


Location: 
2/F Mega Atrium, SM Megamall, 1552 Manila, Philippines 
Operating Hours: 
Mon - Sun: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

3 comments:

  1. Yabu is one of my favorite katsu resto! The price is good at the same time the servings is big. I wasn't even able to finish mine! :) Very delicious! Looking forward to try out Curry Katsu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely one of my favorite spots, and making your own tonkatsu sauce is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love yabu but i hate waiting in line.

    http://shnappy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete