Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chicken Karaage at Tori Box

Tori Box is a newly opened restaurant one the 2nd floor of One Archer's Place (located next to De La Salle University, Manila). They sell Karaage pops seasoned with different flavors. The menu is still limited, but if I'm correct, they're still on their soft opening and their menu will be expanded soon. Doesn't really matter though, because I was pretty much satisfied ordering just the Karaage pops.

Tori Box
As you can see, I took a picture of the adorable doodle on the blackboard. Hehe.

Cute, cute!
We ordered some Mojos which came in a white paper bag. The Mojos were... just okay. Honestly not a fan, and they were kind of buried in the bag (but it comes with a stick). Haha! I stuck the lens of my camera in there to get a decent shot. :P

Mojos, Sour Cream Flavor
The place was full. There were a lot of bystanders waiting for a table. The staff were obviously trying their best to work as quick as possible though. I love how lively the staff were, but that's usual when a place is still on their soft opening... so I hope that doesn't go away!

Staff
I decided to try the Wasabi flavor with my Karaage Pop... much to my companion's dismay. He can never appreciate Wasabi. I liked it and I didn't regret my decision, but my companion got double servings for both of us and it was just too much to take... 'nakaka-umay' after a while.

Wasabi Flavor
My companion ordered the Barbecue flavor. It was fine... just think the usual barbecue flavoring that comes with french fries, potato chips, etc.

Barbecue Flavor

Verdict
The food wasn't bad, and the staff were really nice. While I was satisfied with ordering just the Karaage pops, I'm also curious as to what else they can offer when their menu expands. :)

Taste - 3/5
Ambiance - 2/5
Service - 4/5
Price - 3/5
Overall Value - 3/5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

6 comments: