Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Second Trip to Soderno

I really love these night markets. They never cease to satisfy someone like me who craves all kinds of food at such ungodly hours. Then there's my companion, who for some reason, eats even more than me. There I am, wanting something simple like ice cream... and he gets a smoked pork sandwich. But who I am to complain? At least I got to take a bite of something I wouldn't be able to finish on my own... and I have something to blog about to boot. ;) 

Again, to those who don't know, Soderno can be found in Molito, Alabang. It's on Madrigal street right across Alabang Town Center. If you're interested in the schedules, I have a picture of it under the cut.

The Best The South Has To Offer
I know some people have said that the place is crowded, but so far, I haven't experienced this. We usually arrive at around midnight, and there's barely any people around. I don't know what time Soderno is busy, but if you want to avoid the crowd, then go at midnight.

Schedule
As I said, all I wanted was ice cream -- then I saw there was a new booth! I got an Ice Cream Sandwich from Louie Luis. It's a small ice cream sandwich: french vanilla in between two pieces of wafer. It was pretty good. The ice cream was really sweet, but in a good way.

Louie Luis - Ice Cream Sandwich - P40
I was craving for Milk Tea/Nai Cha as well, so I bought some from Mr. Tea. I didn't like it too much, but don't take my word for it. I'm difficult to please when it comes to Milk Tea.

Mr. Tea - Nai Cha - P70
We also got some Crispy Spicy Tuna from Sushi Ninja. It was the highlight of my night. That's rice topped with tuna. The fried rice (literally) is a bit oily so I got that umay feeling after two pieces, but I still think it was a great buy.

Sushi Ninja - Crispy Spicy Tuna - P150
Then there's the Smoked Pork Sandwich from Big Daddy Jay's All-American BBQ. This was very good as well! I only took a few bites but I enjoyed it. It would probably been better if it was served to us hot though, but it was good nonetheless. The meat was tasty and had a good kind of saltiness. :)

Big Daddy Jay's All-American BBQ - Smoked Pork Sandwich - P135

Big Daddy Jay's All-American BBQ 
Yet again, a good experience. I love food trips. ;)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

10 comments:

  1. i'm curious about sushi ninja! it looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Berylle, it looks delicious! :) Same with the pork sandwich! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why.... whyyyy is this so far???
    Haha! But seriously, it's too far from me. Hoping that someday, I could pass by their place. Love your photos, dear <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you. Coming from you, that means a lot :'D

      Delete
  4. Ang sarap naman. If Im still in Pinas I know id be going there, i like small malls so I usually go to ATC. Hay buti pa dyan ang daming makakainan kahit gabi. Dito kahit araw walang mapagpilian! Thanks for sharing. I'm well intrigued with the Crispy Spicy Tuna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't been to Soderno, but I hope tomorrow I can finally visit the place since I'll be in Alabang naman.. :D Gotta try the ice cream sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, have fun! :D If ever, I'll be looking forward to your post about it. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi,
    We're going to change the teas we use for our milk teas starting this friday march 23, 12. Hopefully it's gonna be better. Let us know what you think about it, next time you visit. :)

    Cheers
    Mr. Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Alright, I will. :) Anyhow, I've seen other blogs praise your milk tea, so I bet they're looking forward to that too.

      Delete
  7. My kids and I are planning to go there tonight, can't wait! Hope the foods in Soderno Alabang will be worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete