Thursday, August 30, 2012

Authentic Japanese Ramen at Ramen X

Ramen X is a name I've heard a couple of times in the past. Never really had a chance to try it out until they opened a branch in Alabang Town Center. Speaking of Town Center, they opened a new wing, and there's a ton of fabulous new restaurants to choose from... if you haven't checked it out, you must!


Anyway. Ramen X's store layout is nice. They have cute pictures hanging on the walls, and the place itself is really clean. My only complaint is that when we went there, a few of tables were cramped together. Please note though that in the long run, it doesn't really ruin the dining experience!


In Ramen X, we order from the counter... then we take a number and wait. The service is fast, which is good. Their menu isn't that extensive, but for a casual dining place, you won't be left unsatisfied. They have different kinds of ramen and a selection of rice dishes. Again, I'm left astonished at it is possible it is to come up with so many different variations of ramen! Hehe!


 

They sell Chocolate Milk Tea for P50. Since I'm a fan of Milk Tea, I couldn't help but try it. Nothing too special though... actually, it kind of tastes more like Chocolate Milk. Basically, it's good, but it doesn't taste like Milk Tea.


My friend ordered Katsudon for P99, and was happy with what he got. I tasted it as well I found it delicious. It's sweet and the meat is tender. If you want to go to RamenX but you want a rice meal, I'd recommend it.



I ordered Karaage Ramen for P99. The chicken bits were delicious! I just wish they had more pieces of it because the chicken was bitin. The order itself was a huge serving, so I think it would satisfy two people.


Verdict
A good casual dining experience. Service was good, place was clean, and the food was good.

Taste - 4/5
Ambiance - 4/5
Service - 4/5
Price - 4/5
Overall Value - 4/5


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

5 comments:

  1. Haven't tried Ramen (though I love Jap food). I think I should try eating ramen soon! :)

    http://www.dekaphobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's Ramen X in Trinoma too, but I haven't tried it yet. Heard that it's from the same owner as Ramen Bar's? Not sure if it's true though. Anyway, prices are very affordable ah! And re: chocolate milk tea, I haven't found any chocolate milk tea yet that taste more like milk tea than chocolate milk.. haha.. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re: Choco milk tea. That's true. ;p I hope I can try something where it's the milk tea that overpowers the taste though. Would be nice to make a comparison.

      Delete
  3. tried this myself and they really have big servings! Here's what I have to say about this place:
    http://theyoungfoodie.tumblr.com/post/30652847871/ramen-x#.UEacONZlQXd

    ReplyDelete
  4. ramen X is closed at ATC? will they open again? i miss rheir ramen

    ReplyDelete