Thursday, January 26, 2012

Foodtrip at Soderno, Alabang

Soderno
Air-conditioned area
Soderno, according to Anton Diaz of OUR AWESOME PLANET, is your "newest weekend food and lifestyle market in the South". If I remember correctly, it was launched some time late last year. Their schedule is as follows: Lifestyle Market every Saturday (7am-4pm), Organic Market every Sunday (7am-4pm), and Nights ever Friday and Saturday (6pm-3am).

As such, I was finally able to go to Soderno last weekend! It was fun to pig out and taste as much as we could, though I've already tried out some of the food before since most of the stalls are also available in Mercato.

Soderno
Cheesesteaks in the making
I think what's nice about most of the stalls is that they prepare the food on the spot. You don't just get meals which are already packed and ready to eat (meaning, they've been sitting around). Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against food which is prepared this way, but there's just a certain kind of pleasantness which you get from newly cooked food.

Soderno
Cheesesteak - P110
Mercato is where I first discovered cheesesteaks (and I call myself a foodie, for shame). I loved it a lot from the start, though it is SO difficult to eat. It's incredibly messy. Anyway, after another messy meal of cheesesteaks, we saw how this other guy was eating it... he used the paper plate that came with it as a sort of wrap, keeping the sandwich intact and easy to bite from. UGH, why didn't we think of that? Anybody here who knew that this was how you were supposed to eat it? We felt so stupid! Hehe.

Soderno
Marcus: "Sabihin mo ice cream 'yan."
Marcus had some Shawarma Rice, and it came loaded with sauces (see pic above).

Soderno
Shawarma Rice - P80
It was our first time trying out their Shawarma Rice (forgive me for not remembering the exact name of the stall). Marcus didn't like it too much, saying the serving was kind of small, and the taste was bland. :(

Soderno
Deep-fried Oreos - P40
The last thing we bought were some deep-fried oreos. I thought P40 for three pieces of deep-fried oreos was a bit too much, but I decided it wouldn't hurt to try. I liked the batter which they used, it was light but had just the right amount of sweetness (though you will get the 'umay' feeling if you eat too much).

All in all, it was a good experience. I observed that there were significantly less people than there usually are in other night markets, and I came to the conclusion that it was because of the location. Hehe. The nightlife in the south, or Alabang, just isn't as grand as in other places. I love it that way though. It was so easy to move around and get a table, unlike in Mercato. That said... I think I prefer Soderno to Mercato, even though I'm rarely in Alabang anymore. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

9 comments:

  1. Such a shame I still haven't visited ANY of the hippest food bazaars.. >.< I can probably plan a trip to Mercato, but malabo ata for Soderno. In my whole life, I've only been to Alabang twice.. XD That cheesesteak looks so good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, then go to Mercato! It's just as worth it. :) And the cheesesteak tastes as good as it looks!

      Delete
    2. Try the one beside Robinson's Pioneer

      Delete
  2. Haven't tried deep-fried oreos. :( It's quite far from my place, but I've been to Il Mercanti for a few times already. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Mercato far from your place as well? Please forgive my ignorance, hehe. I've never been to Il Mercanti. I hope I can go there sometime soon ;p

      Delete
  3. Thats amazing and tasty look choices of food, rice will be my best pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks a lot like mercato. Glad there's one in the south na so everyone can have more food options

    ReplyDelete