Monday, November 12, 2012

Singaporean Food at Toast Box

For some reason, I was really craving for Laksa. At the time that I really wanted some, I couldn't think of any restaurants that served it (and I'm still looking for more, so do tell me if you know any). After some researching, I found out that the newly opened Toast Box in Alabang Town Center was a Singaporean restaurant and that, yes, served Laksa. I couldn't get there faster.


First of all, Laksa is a popular spicy noodle soup. It is a popular dish in Asian countries such as Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia. The one in Toast Box, correct me if I'm wrong, is the coconut-based curry type. As a warning, it tends to be on the oily side.

I found Toast Box's laksa to be very tasty. After eating in Toast Box, I told my Singaporean friends about it and they told me that Toast Box is considered expensive, and that the Laksa that they serve isn't even that good. Since they obviously know much more than I do, then I suppose that Toast Box isn't the 'best'... but I liked it anyway. If you're looking to try it, there's really no risk in doing so. Coming from the average Filipino, I thought it was delicious.


Aside from the Laksa, we also decided to try their Hainanese Chicken Rice. It's not much compared to Wee Nam Kee as it was not as juicy.







Verdict
Casual and cozy, but service was kind of bad. We had to call their attention a few times to get our utensils or sauces.

Taste - 4/5
Ambiance - 4/5
Service - 2/5
Price - 3/5
Overall Value - 3/5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

5 comments:

  1. I love Hainanese Chicken, I want to give this a try. Hope they'll have better service though.


    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to try that laksa!! :)it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you want a casual laksa and not an expensive one, you can try the laksa of Paotsin, its less than a hundred pesos but yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My foodie partner loves Paotsin. I wonder why he never told me that (or maybe he doesn't know)! Thank you for telling.

      Delete
  4. Hainanese chicken, my fave!! I have tried toast box but in SG pa before.. Loved their thick peanut butter toast and kaya toasts!

    ReplyDelete