Sunday, December 16, 2012

Outback Freebies at Glorietta Cinemas!


So after purchasing some movie tickets in Glorietta 4 last night, we were thinking about where to eat dinner. As it turned out, we decided to avail of the coupons that came with the tickets. For each ticket, you get a coupon for free Kookaburra Wings and one Iced Tea for every 500 minimum purchase at Outback. We actually made it a point to make our bill reach 1,000 PHP just so we could avail of two of the coupons. Hehe.

I've tried the Kookaburra Wings before and I have always liked it. The skin is crispy and the meat is juicy, and it has a unique taste to it which is the product of a good mixture of seasonings. The dish itself (when availed through Ayala Cinema's coupon), has five pieces of drumettes, which is half of the serving of the original order.


We were also given a whole loaf of chocolate bread. I didn't eat any because I didn't want to get full right away, but my companions were raving over it.


One of the dishes we ordered was the No Rules Pasta. These are Fettuccine noodles served with a creamy cheese sauce. It comes with bits of chicken and shrimps. While cream-based pastas are not really my favorite, I did enjoy this one.


We also ordered Calamari. I was surprised at its generous serving, but the Calamari turned out too bland for my tastes. I did like the tomato dip, though. That made up for the taste, and I didn't hold back with it.


For dessert, we ordered the Chocolate Thunder from Down Under (hehe, cute name). It's a warm brownie topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream, drizzled with chocolate syrup. It was a good way to end the meal.



Verdict
The servings are generous and the staff are friendly and quick to help. For the price, it turned out to be about 400 per head (though we did have two free Kookaburra dishes). As for the ambiance -- I liked the festive feel they did for the season, though it was too dark in there!

Taste - 4/5
Ambiance - 3/5
Service - 4/5
Price - 4/5
Overall Value - 4/5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! I love Outback! And that chicken photo of yours was enough to make me crave it like a mofo :p

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passed by the C5 location. I want to try the steak! :)


    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete