Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Obsession: Hapadog


Hapadog: Original Japanese-Style Hotdogs is a fairly new restaurant in Alabang Town Center. According to their website, they also have a branch in Legaspi Village, Makati. The branch in Alabang Town Center is cozy, able to fit maybe about 15 people. What I like about Hapadog the best is that it's a new kind of dining experience, in the sense that I'm not familiar with many places that offer hotdogs that have such a twist to it.


We have been to Hapadog a few times. I know that I should really be adventurous and try out different dishes every visit, but I am just too addicted to the Tempt-tation dog. The Temp-tation dog includes grated daikon (radish), tentsuya sauce (Japanese tempura dip), and spring onions.

The sauce is sweet and complements all the other ingredients. I can honestly say that I won't be getting tired of it any time soon.


On our last visit, my friend ordered the Hapadog. Because of its name, I suppose we can assume that this is their best seller/specialty. It contains caramelized onions, japanese/wasabi mayo, hapa sauce, nori flakes, and spring onions. It was delicious as well, and similar to the Temp-tation dog, its ingredients complement one another well.

Additionally, it should be noted that Hapadog is active when it comes to promotions and contests. For that reason, it would be a good idea to regularly check out their site, facebook, or twitter.

Verdict
Lovely dishes. I'm surprised that not more people know of this place yet. I also appreciate the service. Since we weren't familiar with any of their dishes (aside from the fact that the ingredients were foreign to the ears as well), it was nice that they were helpful when it came to recommendations. My only real qualm is that the branch in ATC is quite small, and I remember that the first time we were there, it felt really crowded!

Taste - 4/5
Ambiance - 3/5
Service - 4/5
Price - 4/5
Overall Value - 4/5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4 comments:

  1. Learned about this place from a good friend. Hope they'll open more branches! :)


    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The branch in Legazpi Village is just down the road from my office.. hehe..

    Try the Korroke dog next! Its basically a breaded hotdog with mashed potatoes inside.. Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i've seen Hapadog in North Edsa before.. wasn't able to try it though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this at SM North EDSA too but it closed down even before I get to try it :(

    ReplyDelete