Thursday, October 27, 2011

Gravy Fix!

Gravy Fix - Southern Fried Chicken
Southern Fried Chicken 
Gravy Fix is a name I've heard here and there in the past, but only recently did I find out it was the sister company of Flaming Wings. Here in Taft, unlike in Katipunan, the two restaurants aren't side by side, and Gravy Fix is practically hidden from view (it can be found inside Burgundy, in front of La Salle). However, one step inside and you can see the similarities. What actually convinced me to try the place out was when I found out they also had Wicked Oreos. Of course, I knew it probably tasted exactly the same as Flaming Wing's -- however, I wanted to see what else was on their menu. Their best-selling dish is Southern Fried Chicken, which is boneless chicken fillet fried to crispiness. It's slightly salty and peppery. I supposed it's better than your typical fried chicken.

Gravy Fix - Wicked Oreos
Wicked Oreos
I think the best part of it all was their array of gravy sauces. They've got House Gravy, Herb & Garlic, Cajun, Mushroom Duet, Tipsy Gravy and Juan dela Sauce. Roam-a-holic has a picture of the list on their menu. We tried the Cajun and Mushroom Duet sauces, and it was pretty good. Really loved the Cajun Gravy.

Also, from those who aren't familiar with Wicked Oreos, I have to ask... why aren't you familiar with it? It's one of the best desserts available. It's deep-fried Oreos in batter served with a scoop of ice cream. It's really nice because the Oreos turn soft and chewy in the process, and served hot, it's really great with the ice cream. If you haven't tried it, you definitely need to. Immediately.

Gravy Fix has branches in Katipunan and in Vito Cruz, Taft. I'm not sure if there are any other branches other than those two since their Munchpunch page only lists down the one in Katipunan.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment