Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dinner at Hong Kong Roast

Hainanese Chicken
Hainanese Chicken (Half) - P310
Hong Kong Roast is a small but comfortable restaurant that can be found in Makati. According to their site, they are here to bring Authenthic Hong Kong food to the people around Makati and beyond. My friend passes by this restaurant regularly and always says that it catches his attention. One day, we finally decided to eat there for dinner. The first thing we noticed is that according to a sign in their restaurant, following their twitter account can get you a free dish. However, when I tried searching for the account using my phone, I couldn't find it. I tried again when I got home, and found out that the account on the sign was outdated. However, according to their new account, hkroast_makati, I can get my complimentary french toast next time! Yey! :)

Anyway... I love how their menu has so much items on it -- it was so difficult to choose! Of course, since I'm a huge fan of the dish, the first thing I wanted was the Hainanese Chicken. HKR is different from most other restaurants that serve Hainaneses Chicken because they only served ginger with it, and not the typical three sauces (dark soy, chili sauce, and ginger). Nonetheless, it was still very delicious, and since ginger's my favorite condiment anyway, I had no complaints. For those who prefer the typical three sauces, I'm not sure if you can request for the other two.

Siomai
Siomai - P80
My friend loved their siomai, and so did I. One thing that is apparent from the image is that it's bigger than what we are accustomed to. The siomai is really tasty, and it was definitely a good choice to order it.

Salted Bake Chicken
Salted Baked Chicken (Half) - P310
A dish that was a bit similar to the Hainanese Chicken was the Salted Baked Chicken. The meat is juicy and succulent, and the dish itself is simple without any unnecessary tastes to go with it. According to the waitress, this dish is their bestseller. Personally, I prefer the Hainanese Chicken.  

Shallot Rice
Shallot Rice - P50
Last but not the least is the Shallot Rice. Normally, rice isn't on the top of my list when enumerating my favorites, but this dish was fantastic. The shallots were cooked to saltiness in a way that eating the rice without any viands was already fulfilling enough. Heck, I would pick the shallots from the rice and just snack on them alone. That's how delicious their Shallot Rice is.

Hong Kong Roast - HKR Food Express
San Antonio Village
7467-C Bagtikan St., San Antonio Vill.
Makati City, Metro Manila
Philippines
Website Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment