Saturday, October 1, 2011

Recipe: Creamy Bacon Pasta

Creamy Bacon Pasta
Creamy Bacon Pasta
In most Filipino households, this dish is more commonly known as Carbonara. However, I know the traditional Carbonara recipe is based on eggs, and... I didn't use any eggs for this dish. Anyhow, because of that, I thought it would be more fair to call it Creamy Bacon Pasta instead (really simple name)! It's an easy dish, and it took me around half an hour to prepare and cook. I didn't have any parsley around, but if you do, then you might want to try including it in the recipe. Put in a healthy amount!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 kilo pasta (I used penne)
  • 1 1/2 cup all-purpose cream
  • 6 rashers bacon, chopped
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 1 garlic bulb, minced
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 1 cup grated parmesan
  • salt and pepper, to taste


Procedure:

  1. Cook pasta and drain.
  2. Fry bacon until golden brown. Drain grease and set aside.
  3. Saute diced onion, garlic and chopped tomato. Add cream, bacon, and Parmesan (allow it to melt in the cream). Add salt and pepper to your preference.
  4. Simmer until slightly thickened.
  5. Add pasta and enjoy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

7 comments:

  1. I love an easy pasta recipe with bacon in it. It looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby would devour this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @S.V., if you try it out, hope you enjoy it. :)

    @bloomeveryday, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi =) please do check out my blog too =) i'm sort of a newbie but just enjoy writing (and reading food blogs) hehehe (http://beeinthekitchen.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @beeinthekitchen No prob, I'm a newbie as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a delicious pasta recipe! I wish I could have a bite :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Eftychia Thank you! :) Glad you think so.

    ReplyDelete