Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Banchetto-Megatent's Wish Lanterns

(UPDATE) EVENT IS CANCELLED

Wish Lanterns at Banchetto!
It's all over Facebook, and it turned out to catch the attention of so many people. Banchetto Megatent will have a special event this Friday, November 11, 2011. To those who don't know, Banchetto Megatent is part of the many Banchetto locations. Banchetto locations are popular overnight food markets. Banchetto Megatent can be found along Meralco Avenue in Pasig City. A map can be found here. On Friday, Wish Lanterns will be released at exactly 11:11pm (on 11/11/11), and I'm pretty sure it's going to be an amazing sight. It's been one of my dreams to attend such an event ever since I saw the pretty scene from Tangled.

I bookmarked the facebook announcement and planned to reserve lanterns when I got home, but... wow. According to the site, more than a thousand reservations came in within a day. And since the organizers only plan to release 1,000 lanterns, obviously, not everybody is going to be accomodated. Really sad! However, don't fear because Banchetto events have no entrance fee. So even if you don't have your own lantern to release, you can still go there to see such a pretty sight. A part of me wonders if the lanterns can be seen from Pasig river... does anybody want to reenact the boat scene from Tangled? ...Well, go ahead, because I sure won't... but that would be a really awesome and risky idea, don't you think?
My favorite scene from Tangled
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment