Thursday, November 17, 2011

Deep-fried Snickers from Zark's Burgers

Deep fried Snickers
Deep-fried Snickers - P125
After eating dinner today, I suddenly had an intense craving for something cold and sweet. My initial thought was some Wicked Oreos from Gravy Fix or Flaming Wings, but after going back and forth, we found out that both places had closed for the day. My companion and I were just about to give up when I remembered that Zark's Burgers offers Deep-Fried Snickers. In my mind, it looked a bit similar to Wicked Oreos, so we decided to try it out.

The name says it all: it's Snickers deep-fried in batter. Also, it's served with a scoop of ice cream. However, when I tasted the snickers itself, it wasn't that hot anymore (I guess that's the ice cream's fault). I think it was really hot the moment it was served, because my companion was complaining that I hurry up with pictures because the ice cream was melting really quickly. Hehe. It was too bad because I really love ala modes on warm food, and I didn't get to experience this time around.

It was delicious, albeit way too sweet for my taste. A few bites off the dish and, for me, it was too much of a sugar overload. To be honest, it didn't look very healthy either (on that note, I've seen Zark's deep-fried burger, and I think a heart attack should be expected if you eat it). The good news is, I've tasted their other burgers, which are extremely filling and delicious and really is their main attraction. To sum it up... most of their burgers are a sure shot for any ordinary person, but their Deep-fried Snickers is meant for the hardcore sweet tooth.

Location: 
2nd floor Archer's Nook Building, Taft (Across La Salle Taft, above Yellow Cab)
Working Hours:
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
Sat - Sun: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Facebook
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment