Friday, November 18, 2011

Cheese Steak Shop Manila!

The Cheese Steak Shop
Classic Philly Cheese Steak - 7" P280, 10" P399, 15" P720.00
After days and days of pestering my boyfriend, he finally brought me to The Cheese Steak Shop, Manila. The Cheese Steak Shop can be found at the ground floor of E-Hotel Makati, A. Arnaiz Street. Franchised from the US, it is the first branch here in the Philippines. According to their website, Operations Manager Doug Smith "left the Philippines fully satisfied that Cheese Steak Shop Manila offers the same highest quality standards that are found in US branches". I've been wanting (and, pestering) to go here ever since I saw the posts from other blogs, such as from The Food Alphabet and Tales from the Tummy.

Their cheese steaks are offered in three size: 7, 10 and 15 inches. We decided to get a 15 inch classic Philly cheese steak and divide it into two. It was way too much for me, but it was delicious! It was such a challenge to eat it, and we actually asked for spoons and forks to make it easier (losers!). My boyfriend liked the spiciness, though after a while he set the peppers aside and said he couldn't take it anymore. Haha. Since I love spicy food, I enjoyed the spiciness to the last bite.

The Cheese Steak Shop
Garlic Fries - Regular P99, Large P135

Aside from the cheese steak, what I was really looking forward to was the garlic fries. I fell in love with them the moment I saw the pictures from other blogs. They're drenched fries with  a lot of garlic bits. Being an avid fan of garlic, I loved them. The garlic wasn't overpowering and was just right, and I didn't mind that they can be a bit messy to eat.
The Cheese Steak Shop
Caution: May be habit forming!
The place itself was clean and simple, with a lot of fun signs and decor on the walls. They also had some sort of touchscreen near the counter... I wasn't able to play around with it, but it did catch my attention.

The Cheese Steak Shop
Their frequency card
Also, don't forget to get your frequency card! After 15 stamps (1 stamp is equal to a purchase worth P250), you can get one 10" classic cheese steak, premium cheese steak, or specialty sandwich. Additionally, according to their facebook page, the grand opening is soon, and there will be a 'buy one, take one' promo from November 22-24. 

Honestly, it seemed a bit too pricey for me (though it might have been our fault because we over ordered), but in general, it was a good experience. I get what the hype is about, and it was totally worth it.

Location:
GF The E-Hotel Makati 906 A. Arnaiz Street ( formerly Pasay Road ) between Paseo de Roxas and Makati Avenue
Working Hours:
Mon - Sat: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sun:   10:00 am - 10:00 pm
Facebook Page
Website Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment