Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dinner at New Bombay

New Bombay is one of those places I've heard of since who-knows-when but never really bothered to try out. First of all, Indian cuisine is something I'm not really familiar with. I honestly know nothing about their food, but the other week, Marcus and I decided to try New Bombay just for the heck of it. As a note, I'm not listing down prices because after some research, I found out that the prices differ according to branch. :)

One think I do know about Indian Cuisine is that they like spices. When ordering dishes, the waiter would ask us how spicy we wanted it, and "Indian Spicy" (haha) was one of the choices. Basically, he described as it being the spiciest level of them all. 

New Bombay
Tawa Gosht 
The dish I liked most was Tawa Gosht. Tawa Gosht is a tomato-based (please correct me if I'm wrong) lamb dish. It was delicious! The sauce was really tasty and the meat was extremely tender. And, even when there was no meat anymore, the sauce could serve a viand by itself.

New Bombay
Chicken Tikka Masala
On the other hand, the Chicken Tikka Masala wasn't as good as the Tawa Gosht. I guess it was 'just fine'. Truth be told, I expected to much from the term 'Indian Spicy'. It didn't turn out that spicy! But to make up for it, the waiter did give us small dishes with different spices in it so we could 'spice it up' to our liking.

New Bombay
Chicken Biryani
One thing we regretted ordering was the Chicken Biryani Rice. We should have just ordered plain rice. Why? Well, underneath all that rice is a lot of chicken (and it isn't boneless, and chicken with bones in rice is more trouble than it's worth). Plus, along with two other viands, it turned out too much for the stomach. The Biryani Rice dishes are meals in itself.


Verdict 
Like I said, I'm not familiar with Indian Cuisine, so I can't really judge it against other Indian restaurants... but for a first time experience, it was alright. While two out of three dishes failed to impress us, the Tawa Gosht was pretty darn good. The waiter was nice as well and very helpful in guiding us since, yeah, we knew nothing.

Taste - 3/5 
Ambiance - 3/5 
Service - 4/5 
Price - 3/5 
Overall Value - 4/5 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

10 comments:

  1. I've only tried Indian food once and I'm not sure if I'd eat Indian again. :\

    http://dekaphobe.blogspot.com/2011/07/legend-of-india.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really tried Indian food yet, pero I think I'd like it since I'm a fan of tomato-based and curry-based dishes.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if majority is tomato-based, but I'm definite that love curry-based dishes~

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to try this place, something new and different...hopefully soon. And thanks for visiting my site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it! And thank you for visiting my site as well :)

      Delete
  4. I like Indian food; not so much on the spicy stuff but I love this one Indian place in Tomas Morato. I just forgot the name :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think I'm familiar with that resto... if ever you recall the name again, please tell me! :P

      Delete
  5. We've tried New Bombay before and I agree, the sauce could pass up as a viand itself :)

    ReplyDelete