Sunday, February 12, 2012

Okiniiri, Japanese Restaurant and Izakaya

Marcus and I were driving along Aguirre in BF Homes looking for a place to eat when we spotted Okiniiri. Since we wanted an affordable place, Marcus made me go down the car and check the prices first. :P Honestly, the place looked quite expensive... but to my surprise, the prices were affordable! I guess looks can really be deceiving, huh? It was a good thing he made me check first rather than just driving past by.

Okiniiri
On-the-house Appetizers
As we sat down, we were given house tea and an eggplant appetizer. I'd say the eggplants were quite good.

Okiniiri
Hot tea!
We got there during off hours, so the place was practically empty. There's a smoking and non-smoking area, and a sushi bar... which is always fun to watch. All in all, the ambiance of the place was okay.

Okiniiri
Comfy looking place
I ordered the Gyouza Bento Box, which came with miso soup. I didn't finish the soup though. It would have made me full too early.

Okiniiri
Miso Soup (came w/ bento)
Of course, we couldn't resist ordering some crunchy tuna roll! Honestly, it's not on par with the rolls from other Japanese restaurants... but it wasn't terrible either. I'd say it was reasonably priced though.

Okiniiri
Crunchy Tuna Roll - P165
Marcus had the curry rice, which tasted just average as well. Of course, he couldn't help but compare it to Yabu's Curry Rice. Despite his love for curry, he has yet to find a Japanese restaurant which has curry rice that rivals Yabu's. Hehe, would anyone have any suggestions?

Okiniiri
Curry Rice - P225
I rather enjoyed my Gyouza Bento Box! I found myself craving for more, though... as you can see from the pictures, the serving isn't that great. However, for some reason, I really loved the rice! It was so fluffy and perfectly cooked! I know it's strange to rave about rice, so forgive me for feeling this way. ;)

Okiniiri
Gyouza Bento Box - P200
Okiniiri
Gyouza Bento Box - P200

Verdict 
The place was reasonably priced, and I don't really have any complaints about the service. The food wasn't 'amazing', but I wouldn't say it was terrible... it probably had an average taste to it. To sum it up, I'd say to those who haven't tried Okiniiri that there wouldn't be any harm in doing so.

Taste - 3/5
Ambiance - 3/5
Service - 3/5
Price - 4/5
Overall Value - 3/5

Location:
Aguirre Ave, B.F. Homes
ParaƱaque City, Metro Manila
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

5 comments:

  1. The place does look comfy! And is that a sushi bar I see? Anyway, I haven't been to the restaurant places near BF Homes, will take note of this though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright! If you get to go, I hope you blog about your experience :P

      Delete
  2. The food looks good, but I guess you're right. Looks can sometimes be deceiving.. :) Anyway, I'm glad the gyouza bento box made up for the crunchy tuna roll.. ^^ And don't worry, I rave and rant on rice too when it's necessary! :D And although I had a lovely time at Yabu, my bf got some hard and undercooked rice :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Undercooked rice, really? I would have considered that a mortal sin, lol! D:

      Delete
  3. Where is Yabu? Thanks

    ReplyDelete