Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

One lonely day, I was bored and had nothing to do. I decided to scavenge our house to see if I had enough stuff to bake some chocolate chip cookies. I did a search on google and found this recipe called Best Big, Fat, Chew Chocolate Chip Cookies. It had high ratings and a lot of good reviews, so... there. I tried it out. The recipe made exactly a dozen cookies.

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Anyway, it's a good recipe. My favorite choco chip cookie recipe so far! My only complaint? The cookies turned out kind of greasy... maybe less butter should be used, or maybe I made a mistake in measuring?

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Instructions (with pictures, yey!)

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.

Sift, sift, sift...
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.

Look at all that butter.
Creamin' it together.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.

The yolk broke! It didn't want to cooperate with my picture taking
...I may have over-mixed.
4. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.

...Added it a little bit at a time
I was too tempted to eat this as is.
5. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.

...I didn't have any semisweet choco chips around. 
Nearing the end!

6. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. 

As you can see, I didn't use chocolate chips! :( any semisweet chocolate chips in the house, so I made do with leftover chocolate from the holidays. Instead of using 2 cups I only chopped up about a cup, because I didn't want the cookies to come out too sweet (since I was using regular chocolate, not semisweet ones). Hehe.

And yes, I don't have a 'wooden' spoon.

Ready to go to to the oven

7. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. 


Mmm! Fresh out of the oven! 
8. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

...My conclusion? It was yummy, but I really do need to find some semisweet choco chips. :(
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I don't know how to bake either! I just follow what's written and hope it comes out ok :P

      Delete
  2. These cookies look so yummy! :D I prefer eating them than making them though.. XD Btw, I don't think I'll need to share my photography/post-processing secrets. Your shots are really nice already ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree! I keep trying to figure out how you get the colors in your shots so pleasing to look at!

      Delete