Monday, January 30, 2012

I Love Manang's Chicken!

Manang's Chicken is a fairly new name. They offer soy fried chicken (think BonChon)... tagged as "Ang bagong fried chicken ng Pinoy", I predict that it's going to go places. I've seen it a few times at Mercato and Soderno, but I honestly didn't give it much attention. My thought was... it can't be more special than BonChon. And, in just a few months, branches have been sprouting everywhere, and its good reputation is spreading like wildfire. So, what's the harm in trying it out, right?

Manang's Chicken
Chicken with Rice, 1 pc. - P84, 2 pcs. - P136

I'm glad I decided to give it a try, because it was delicious. My mind is still debating if it's better than BonChon (though I can say for surely it's at least on par). What do you think? Is it better? I'd love to hear your opinions. :)

Manang's Chicken
Chicken Wings (w/o rice), 4 pcs. - P99.00, 6 pcs. - P149

Their sauce drips from the chicken, unlike in other soy fried chicken restaurants where the sauce sticks to the skin and is 'drier'. My only disappointment was that the 'extra spicy' sauce wasn't really that spicy at all!

Manang's Chicken
Manang's Chicken, Vito Cruz (One Archers Place)
Verdict 
The food was good. I'm not sure how it's going to go against our Filipino chicken restaurants in general (think Chic Boy, Mang Inasal, etc), but I think it's interesting to see where it will go. Their tag kind of implies that they intend to make Manang's Chicken an everyday household name, but it's probably still to early to tell. I hope it goes well though, because I found the chicken delicious! Who knows if it will suit the tastes of Filipinos in the long run though?

Taste - 4/5 
Ambiance - 4/5 
Service - 4/5 
Price - 4/5 
Overall Value - 4/5 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

9 comments:

  1. I love love love Manang's Chicken!. Thank goodness a branch is near my office. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, bandwidth exceeded ka pa rin! :( There's a branch close to where I live as well, and they offer delivery. We are both so lucky. ;)

      Delete
  2. I think they'll do a more aggressive expansion this year. I liked their chicken, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about Manang's Chicken. We are really glad that you found our chicken delicious. We owe our expansion to our fans and that's why, every day we are grateful for everything that we have received since the day we have started. Hope to see you again soon in one of the stores. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It's no problem... thank you for selling yummy fried chicken. :P I'll definitely be coming back. Good bless!

      Delete
  4. There's also a branch in the nearest decent mall from my place.. :) I haven't given this a go yet, but I'll definitely try their chicken by next week. I've been hearing a lot of raves on Manang's Chicken that I need to try it for myself! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! I can't wait to see your post about it :D

      Delete