Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mochi Ice Cream from Mochiko

Mochiko
Good things come to those who wait!
I'm an avid fan of cold sweets. It's probably the only kind of sweets I like. Ever since Sebastian's disappeared from the places I frequent (Glorietta, ATC), I've been looking for something to replace it so I could move on. Hehe! Anyway, FIC has been good to me since then. 

I buy mochi ice cream from them if I have the chance. I know their mochi ice cream is from Mochiko (it says so right on the wrapper), and I've been waiting for them to get the cookie dough flavor for weeks now! I first tasted the flavor when I went to Mercato some time ago, but for some reason, it hasn't reached the ATC branch of FIC. So When Mochiko itself opened a new branch in ATC, new hope arrived! And I was right! I guess their slogan is right... Good things come to those who wait. ;)

Mochiko
The insides of the Cookie Dough Mochiko.
As you can see from the shot, inside the mochi is some vanilla ice cream (I THINK it's vanilla), and cookie dough! I have to admit though, I thought the cookie dough itself had a harder consistency that I expected. Don't take my word for it, but maybe it would be better if the cookie dough was easier to bite through. Nonetheless, it was a good dessert. I don't think it compares to Sebastian's or Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough flavors, but it comes close as third place.

As a note, I do think I prefer their more traditional flavors to the cookie dough flavor (never though I'd ever say that about ice cream)! I absolutely love their azuki and green tea flavors.

Mochiko
The store has a simple but cute design

Verdict

Taste - 3/5
Ambiance - 4/5
Service - 4/5
Price - 4/5
Overall Value - 4/5

Facebook Page
Branches: Alabang, Cliffhouse Tagaytay, Mercato. Also sold in FIC branches (not sure if all). Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments: