Thursday, January 19, 2012

Som's Noodle House

Som's Noodle House
Tom Yam - P250
I've been craving for Thai food for weeks now! After not finding the "perfect" Thai restaurant, my friend told me about Som's Noodle House, a place he used to go to for affordable but authentic Thai food. Yey! Upon getting there, I found out that it was a homey place, with tables on the street if you want to eat out doors.

Of course, I ordered my favorite Thai fish -- Tom Yam! I actually thought it was a bit expensive at 250 pesos, but when it came, I saw that the serving was huge. The waiter told us it was for 2-3 people, but I think it could easily be good for a family of five (considering you're not only ordering only the soup).

I found the Tom Yam not as spicy as I wanted, and the sourness actually overpowered the spiciness. I honestly don't know if this is what "authentic" Tom Yam tastes like, but I think I prefer the Tom Yam which is less sour and more spicy. We asked for something to spice up the dish though, and they kindly gave us some chili paste.

Som's Noodle House
Red Curry - P200
We also ordered Red Curry Chicken. FYI, when you order curry, you can choose from beef, pork, chicken, and shrimp. I thought the serving was big as well, though my friend pointed out that they could have been more generous with the meat. Hehe. I really liked the sauce, though I do agree with my friend who said it was too diluted. All in all, it was a delicious and tasty dish, and just right for 200 pesos.

Som's Noodle House
Inside Som's Noodle House

Verdict
The place was very affordable and they had big servings, though my friend did say he might have hyped the food up because it tasted so much better the last time he was there (honestly though, while it wasn't perfect, I thought it was good enough). :) My only real complaint is that it took the food forever to get to us, which really dampened our experience.

Taste - 3/5
Ambiance - 3/5
Service - 2/5
Price - 5/5
Overall Value - 3/5


Branches:
  1. 325 Maysilo St., Mandaluyong City
  2. 5921 A. Alger St., Poblacion, Makati City

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment